6/7/11

Ghostbuster Fire station closes down





Yes looks like Egon ,Peter, Ray, Winston will be looking for work once again like in  ghost busters 2.  Sadly the Station up until recent years is a fully running fire station that due to budget cuts is closing. According to the NY post it will be closing sometime in the next year. Ladder Co. 8 is most likely the worlds most recognized (if not only recognisable) fire station in the world! I think every child owned a toy model of this figure in the 80's.  ladder co. 8 was the HQ for the famous ghost buster movies and to this day still gets tourist visiting the old fire station. I use to have the ghost buster toy of it and dreamt of going  new york and  becoming a ghost buster...then i remembered I'm afraid of ghost ..... the dark... and worse of all new yorkers.


 If there is one thing I can say if I had the money I would buy this building and turn it into a ghost buster museum ! I hope dan akryod will look into buying the station it has a lot of history and should be used for both the history of ghost busting and fire fighters. Seriously is there any rich nerds out there? Is htere a petition to turn this into a ghostbuster tourist trap? I reall gotta get to new york to see this station in the next few years.