6/18/11

the green lantern the movie!


so I saw the Green Lantern Movie! I like it alot but also very conflicted with it. the begging started off great and I was impressed. it seems like they really took the story and characters of the green lanterns seriously. The Cg wasn't bad like the trailers first showed (I think they really cleaned it up) It look amazing and with 3d it was great! seeing outterspace in 3d is amazing and it really was a movie like avatar that it really felt was suppose to be in 3d. I think they even improved 3d over the last few years I didn't feel sick or eye strain watching this movie at all while wearing those glasses.



However with all the good there was at the begging it sorta went down south by the midway point. The story shifted for some reason and there were instances that jokes and relationship moments seemed like they were thrown in trying to emulate Iron man's style of humour and dialogue. I found Hal Jordan to be kinda whiny too, which is okay seeing how they were trying to create a story here. There were scenes that didn't match up, like in the middle, one minute the bad guy attacks and the next he rushes in to save the day. how the hell did he know that when the last scene was him kissing the girl? There wasn't even a hint it just happened!
I honestly also didn't think he needed to go back and forht to earth so much they should of had tied up the whole relationship and life on earth at the beginning  then started on the cosmic journey training in space fighting parallax then head back to earth to save his planet and rekindle the relationships...not I quit and go home without even having any real training but for some reason kiliowog acts like he rocky 4 the guy. (where the hell was the montage?)
All and all it was enjoyablem  there were some really bad parts but I was overally surprised  with the movie and hope that they will improve on the sequel (whenever they make it). All I can say is this
"IN BRIGHTEST DAY! IN BLACKEST NIGHT! NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SIGHT! LET THOSE WHO WORSHIP EVILS MIGHT, BEWARE MY POWER....GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!"

the only green lantern I wish they did show was mogo! where the hell was mogo!?