6/4/11

Weekly Retro Cereal: Pac-Man Cereal


Okay this was By far my all time one of my favorite cereals and since they stopped making it my taste for cereal had slowly dwindled...seriously I will not touch a box of cereal today because there so bland...even if they just had boxes that were colourful and child stimulating I may purchase a box of ..ugh mus lix or any of those bland cereals today.

There is not a whole lot of info on the net about the cereal but there is one thing I can tell you. It had a huuuuge fan base! Apparently there is quite a fan base wondering what happen to this cereal and even a Fasebook page( you can view it here). Pac-man cereal from what I know was released in 1983 by Genreal Mills  , three years after the game was release. the 1980's was the beginning of video games.If there is one thing I'm proud of is being born in 1983 and getting experience the older consoles and there evolution (including Saturday morning cartoons)


I don't remember it that well but I can tell you it was similar to corn pops with ghost and pacman shape cereal and I remember when they introduce the new marshmallow Miss Pac-man (much like the way the cheap out on her video game by taking pac-man and putting a bow on him nice way to make more money huh?).
Pac-man , Unlike the cereal, Has survived for over 30 years now and doesnt look like it ever will leave the pop culture life.