6/3/11

X-men first class




 So I just got back from seeing x-men first class tonight and it was amazing!! The best thing to me is it felt like it tied in much of the x-men pre-stories with Xavier and magneto. nice hidden cameos throughout the movie BTW. Unlike previous marvel movies (exception with upcoming captain America) this was a great period piece set in the  1960's. The guy they had to play Xavier (Prof X) was spot on! Magneto in this one was exactly how i imagined him. though a lot of the characters in this end up of course older versions of there previous incarnations and a few oddities like Emma frost will be an old hag by the time x-men 1 starts (not to mention in wolverine spin-off she was a child).


I dare (devil lol) even say it is the best comic movie this year to date! I highly recommend seeing it if you are a fan of the comics or the old cartoon. Oddly enough, even though it was set in the 60's you barely felt like it was the 60's. the only thing I thought was bad was the look of Beast..I liked it although I'm not a fan of this cat like beast ,as they do in the modern version of the comics.I liked the way he looked in the old cartoon in the 90s and the third movie,  though the movie sucked,  he looked great plus it was Fraser(best choice ever!)
One thing I want to say is that the way they did this movie is with the relationship and meeting of Professor X and Magneto is exactly how I pictured the prequel movies of Star Wars should have done. Have the whole Qui-Gong Gin find and train Anakin as a child and then quickly jump years later as an establishh Jedi and meet Obi Won Kinobi and do exactly like they did with this movie. George Lucas you could learned alot from this movie!